Friday, December 14, 2012

Mabini's

Never in my entire life did I imagine myself working abroad. I have once considered myself nationalistic (naks!) and the last thing I can do is to abandon my country and let other place reap what Philippines has sown for me. But as they say, GOD is unlikely. He is a God of unexpected. He has callings in unexpected places and perhaps, even with unexpected people.

My move in to Dubai is spontaneous until the latter months of last year. I must say, it was an abrupt decision. Nevertheless, God has been supportive of my decisions in life and allow me to flew to Dubai without any hassle with my documents nor with the immigration.

But just like how the place is unexpected, the people were also unexpected. I am currently living with my sister, ate Lhen, her husband, kuya Joel and the joy of our lives, baby Raine- aka Mabini’s.


I never thought I can build a close relationship with ate, because, we never had the chance in the past due to I grew up in an adaptive family. Little did she know, I have once looked up to her. In fact, few of my paths were copied from her (oh noes! haha!) - theater organization (we are both Artists of the Year when we graduated. Naks!) love for math, Jollibee and call center work during college. Isa lang ata ang di ko natahak, ang kaseksihan niya. Di din siya skinny okay?! haha. But I must admit, I still look up to her to this date. Her love to her family is selfless. I am a testimony of her love, patience and understanding. Kaya naman, you better be good kuya because another ate is way harder than winning jackpot in lotto.

My first months in Dubai were never easy. The anxiety is hell but I’m glad I made it through with their help and my spiritual family in Victory. I cannot thank the Lord enough for blessing me the people I have in my life now. They have been an inspiration and their love and concern for me is just awesome! Their existence is only a confirmation of how great the Lord is.

I wouldn't be tired of praying for more blessings to come to your lives because you all deserved it. The Lord sees the goodness of your hearts and He will return the favor to your family. Cheers to more months and more years together. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment