Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A New Year Poem
by: Arris Padernal

2013 is now part of past
Who knows 2014 will run just as fast?

I am in awe how You command the dawn to set
While I always find morning hi’s the best

Like how the leaves lean itself to the sun
I, too will lean myself to the Son

I will not trade salvation for riches
Nor will I ever trade peace for temporary happiness

Troubles will come, I know
What are they? that I wouldn’t know

But Your hope is my wall
In Your grace, I will never fall

Always keep my paths straight
As the evil uses all sort of bait

Belt me with the Truth
And please increase my faith

Open and examine my heart always
Let me trust nothing but Your ways

When I’m becoming self righteous
Be quick! Your discipline, I will sure to choose

For I am nothing and in You I sure have nothing to boast
In the end, I do not want this race to lost

Keep me tight! hold me tight!
I know my battle You will fight

May I desire for Your coming with a confident heart
You are faithful, I know in Your grace, I will never short

No comments:

Post a Comment