Monday, November 19, 2012

A listening GOD


It was lunch last Thursday when a buzz message get my attention. To my surprise, it was my cousin, Aldrin who dropped me a simple hi message. But that simple hi hello exchange has lead to a more meaningful conversation.

Kuya Aldrin is older than me and it was my sister, Ana who is his batch mate. We rarely talk even back in Manila. He is a reggae rock star with inks all over while I'm a girl next door thingy (I wish I am right on my perception of myself. haha!). He is here is Dubai since September with the hope to bag a better opportunity.

Dubai visit visa is only good for two months and he is less than a week close to his 60th day. Yet to that date, he hasn't found an employer yet. You can sense his worries as he typed his reply. To comfort his struggle, I told him I will pray for him. I can sense his smile when read the word "pray". He said that he has been praying hard the past few weeks in his quiet time. But my heart melt when he said,  he felt he has been called to Dubai to be closer to God. It took me a split of second to ask him to meet me later to personally pray for him. I feel that it is a clear indication of his purpose, a calling from the Lord. I felt the same when I went here last February and true enough, I matured here in Dubai. I had a more intimate relationship with the Lord.


It was around 4pm when we met and sipped a cup of coffee and get a taste of to die bun in Pappa Rotti. The conversation was really fun and heartwarming. Didn't expect a rock star also weeps. His eyes are wet as he story his struggle financially back at home. His high hopes to let his wife lay back home to take care of their kids fully. His second child has special needs and needing few therapies which even adds to their monthly costs. Not to set aside, the rent and utilities.

After we eat, we went to the park and prayed and claimed for an answer latest on Monday from an employer because otherwise, he has to go home empty handed with pile of amounts owing. Also prayed for provision and complete healing of his son, Zion from his special needs. I am sure he responded to the prayer and also positive on claiming for a yes from the Lord. I cannot hide my happy face when we departed. I know I have introduced God to his life and perhaps be a starting point of his walk with Him.

The conversation doesn't stopped there. I even messaged him last night about a verse I read from Joshua 3:5 that reads " "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you" True enough that God fulfills His promise for today, he just got the good news. Just four days short before his visa expires, an employer has offered him an office post. But what's better is, the package is even higher than what he asked for. True enough that Lord's timing is never late but perfect. He is just, able and a listening God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment